Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Student visa received, place listed for rental, clothing chucked...

Before getting into anything else, let's just say that I got my passport back soon after my last posting.  Yay~  To be exact, I received my visa not too much after I wrote that posting.  Maybe 2 days?

Once I got back my passport, I was so relieved.  And it really made me realize I am going to the UK and I am going to Cambridge to study law.

Yikes...

Anyways, since then I realized there are so many things that need to be done.  First, we had to get our place listed to let.  We found a rental agent and it is posted today.  Fingers crossed.  It would relieve so much financial pressure if we can let our place...

In addition, I started to think about which furniture and other things that we would like to get rid of.  I thought this is a perfect opportunity to get rid of things that are totally functioning but at the time of purchase I sort of bought them as a temporary solution - i.e. many of the IKEA pieces.  Now that we actually have to store things at someone else's house - my parents' - I think we really need to keep only the ones that we would like to keep for a long time.  So I made a moving sale flyer.  I am hoping to get rid of both of IKEA bed frames and other big bulky bookshelves etc.

Also I got rid of another 6 garbage bagful of clothing items.  Just from my stuff.  It is amazing how much stuff I had especially I donated about the same amount earlier this year and since then I haven't really bought any - maybe a pair of shoes and a couple of t-shirts.  Yikes.  I am really trying to become a minimalist.  The situation is pushing me that way but also I want to become a minimalist by choice.  Anyways.. that's where I am now.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment